M.Phil. in Business Economics
To be eligible for admission to the MPhil. programme, an applicant should hold any of the following qualifications and a sound knowledge of English.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Economics/ Economics/ Business Administration/ Commerce/ Human Resource Management/ Marketing/ Accounting/ Financial Management/ Entrepreneurship/ Estate Management and Valuation/ Operations and Technology Management/ Public Administration / Business Information Systems/ Statistics/ Science/ Mathematics special with a first or second class standing from a Recognized University.
- Master’s degree in Business Economics/ Economics/ Business Administration/ Commerce/ Human Resource Management/ Marketing/ Accounting/ Professional Accounting/ Financial Management/ Applied Finance/ Entrepreneurship/ Entrepreneurial Business Management/ Real Estate Management and Valuation/ Operations and Technology Management/ Public Administration / Business Information Systems/ Statistics/ Science/ Mathematics from a recognized University.
- Students who have successfully completed the PGDBE programme offered by the Department of Business Economics.
- Other qualifications equivalent to the above may be considered subject to the approval of the Senate.
The selection procedure consists of the following steps:
- The received applications are screened to ensure that applicants meet the admission requirements.
- Applicants who meet the basic requirements are called for an aptitude test. This test is designed to assess the English proficiency and quantitative skills necessary to do the MPhil. programme and the level of intelligence of the candidates.
- A formal interview will then be conducted for those who obtain more than 50 percent for the aptitude test. The interview has the following objectives:
a. To evaluate the synopsis of the applicant’s proposed study;
b. To assess the verbal competence in English; and
c. To assess the candidate’s motivation for higher studies and the commitment to pursue the programme to its completion.
4. Final selection will be done after the consideration of the total marks obtained at the aptitude test and interview.