Those who possess the following entry requirements are eligible to apply for registration as an external candidate for the B.Sc. Business Administration (General) External Degree Programme.
(A) Three passes for any subject combination in the General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) – G.C.E. (A/L) of Sri Lanka.
(B) Any of the following qualification/s which has been accepted by the Senate of University of Sri Jayewardenepura.
a) Trained teachers (from any discipline) with at least three (3) years of post – trained teaching experience
b) Holders of Diplomas in Management with duration of at least one year from a Recognized University.
c) Holders of any one of the following academic or professional qualifications
– Successful completion of London Advanced Level Examination ( At least three passes for any subject combination)
– Full qualification – AAT (Sri Lanka) or (United Kingdom)
– Higher National Diploma in Accounting or Higher National Diploma in Management – Advanced Technical Institute of Sri Lanka
– Passed finalist – Chartered Institute of Marketing (United Kingdom)
– Passed finalist – Sri Lanka Institute of Marketing
– Completion of Diploma in Banking and Finance (DBF) – Institute of Bankers of Sri Lanka
– An officer employed in the Sri Lanka Administrative Service and who has passed the limited admission test to join the Administrative Service in Sri Lanka
– A ranked officer of the Sri Lanka Army, Navy, Air force
– A member of the Sri Lanka Police Department – Sub Inspector and above
d) Exemptions granted for internal students (who could not complete their degrees within the stipulated period) of the Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce of University of Sri Jayewardenepura.
e) Exemptions granted for the students who have registered for (who could not complete their degrees within the stipulated period) the B.Sc. Business Administration (General) External Degree Programme (under the old syllabus)
(C) Any other qualification acceptable for the University Senate.
(D) Whose age is 18 years or above at the time of the application closing date of the selection test.