Department of Entrepreneurship has organized two study visits to Zejiang Shuren University, Zhejiang Sheng, China from 03rd to 22nd April 2018 as a result of a memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed with the Zejiang Shuren University. Fourteen undergraduate students and twenty-eight postgraduate students participate in this visit and they are guided by five academic staff members. The Department has already initiated a number of diverse projects to open up new international academic and business gateways.
Zejiang Shuren University has arranged a comprehensive academic program during the period of stay in China and the study visit has been arranged for the final year undergraduates and the Master of Entrepreneurship students of the Department of Entrepreneurship with the following objectives.
- Giving the students of an experience of a foreign academic visit
- To open up new business opportunities and relationships with Chinese markets while acquiring new knowledge through analyzing the markets and products as well as analyzing the competitive strategies of emerging firms
- Connecting our students with foreign students to share entrepreneurship and management knowledge and experiences
- To investigate innovations and continuous improvements of the products, processes and inputs of selected emerging companies
- Link the undergraduates to international academia and global firms to sharpen the competencies and practical exposure
- Initiating collaborative research studies and business projects with international academia, students and firms
- Studying the rules and regulations applicable for dealing with Chinese business firms and applicable law, rules, regulations, compliances for doing a business in China etc.
Further, it is expected to hold a discussion on progress of ongoing research project between the two universities. The study tour will also facilitate the students to visit Yiwu International Trade City which is the primary wholesale market complex in Yiwu, Zhejiang and the Canton Fair- The China best Import and Export Fair as well.
Senior lecturers Prof. Rohini Samarasinghe, Mr. L.K.I Rajapaksha, Ms. K.Y.J Somarathna and lecturers, Mr. G.M.C.J. B Gajanayaka, and Ms. D.H.B.Y Ranasinghe participate in this study visits as academic delegates.