The Department of Entrepreneurship, Faculty of Management of Studies and Commerce, University of Sri Jayewardenepura organized an awareness program on ‘Enterprise Sri Lanka Concessionary Loan Schemes’on 11th of August 2018 at Soratha Building Main Hall, Faculty of Management Studies Commerce, University of Sri Jayewardenepura with the aim of empowering graduates, SMEs and all interested parties with potentiality to start a business.
The Department of Entrepreneurship conducted this initial awareness program with collaboration of the Ministry of Finance and Mass Media, Bank of Ceylon, People’s Bank, Regional Development Bank, Commercial Bank together with media coverage of ITN.
Participants of the event were,
- Mr, Rukaml Weerasignhe, Head, Department of Entrepreneurship
- Manjula Hettiarachchi, Director, Department of Development Finance, Ministry of Finance and Mass Media
- Ganga Weerakkody, Senior Manager, Chief Consumer Credit, Bank of Ceylon
- Priyanka Rathnasiri, Senior Manager Loan, People’s Bank
- D.S. Priyankara, Manger, SME Unit, Regional Development Bank
- T.L. Sujeewa Sampath Perera, Junior Executive Officer, Commercial Bank
- Staff members from Bank of Ceylon, People’s Bank, Regional Development Bank
- All the academic, non-academic staff and the students of Department of Entrepreneurship,
- Over 500 numbers of the audience, including graduates, undergraduates, entrepreneurs and potential entrepreneurs took part of this event.
In the first session of this event, Mr. Manjula Hettiarachchi and all the representative officers from banks provided the information regarding the Enterprise Sri Lanka Concessionary Loan Schemes and other loan schemes that they provide specially to the SMEs. Next, in the second session, all the representative bank officers and staff solved the individual problems of the participants through the question and answer session and through the open counters.
Finally, the Department of Entrepreneurship was highly appreciated the endless support given by the Prof. Sampath Amaratunge, the Vice Chancellor, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Dr. U. Anura Kumara, Dean, Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce, Faculty Development Fund, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Mr. Manjula Hettiarachchi, officers in ITN, all the representative bank officers and all the supportive participants for their contribution to make this event success.