Development of the entrepreneurs and entrepreneurial managers.
- Those who are planning to start their own businesses with creativity and innovation and,
- Those who wish to enhance entrepreneurial skills with the expectation of becoming entrepreneurial managers.
Selected to follow a degree in the Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce of the University of Sri Jayewardenepura.
The graduates of B.Sc. Entrepreneurship degree program would be different from the other traditional management graduates in several dimensions.
- Firstly, they would revolutionize business processes and shatter the status quo through new and better methods.
- Secondly, they would innovate new products and improve the existing products with their innovative ideas that ultimately results in the economic development of the nation.
- Thirdly, they would possess good moral and intellectual values with exemplary personality and lead the rest.
- Finally, they would challenge traditional university graduates by creating jobs rather seeking job opportunities.
On the completion of the degree program students will be able to,
- Have a rigorous theoretical understanding on the approaches to micro and macro aspect of Entrepreneurship, recognize their strengths and limitations and, apply those theories with necessary modifications for the betterment of his or her business venture and the society at large.
- Recognize environmental opportunities and, creatively exploit them to innovate new products, processes or organizations that would lead ultimately to the betterment of the society.
- Evaluate business projects and produce business plans for their ventures.
- Comprehend the different stages of an entrepreneurial venture and manage their requirements at a maximum efficiency and effectiveness to ensure the smooth growth of the venture.
- Organize the resources of the business displaying a maximum level of expertise for getting the optimal use of them.
- Demonstrate the belief of use of local resources, technology and science and establish a true indigenous business with a maximum value addition.
- Process good moral and intellectual values with exemplary personality and lead the rest.
The program directory focuses on the development of entrepreneurs who run their own business. Therefore, they can be self employed as business entrepreneurs. Further, they already command vast employment opportunities in the corporate sector as entrepreneurial managers in the field of Marketing, HRM, and Finance etc. In Addition, entrepreneurship graduates will be able to work as Business Consultants to business organizations specially to SME sector. Therefore, there will not be any problem regarding opportunities for employment and professional development.
To achieve the objective specified in No. 3 and 4 above, the students are provided with a sound knowledge on the theoretical framework of entrepreneurship with a thorough exposure on the practical aspects of entrepreneurial venture. As such, the curriculum of the program focuses on including the necessary knowledge, skills and attitudes that are required to be successful entrepreneurs.