It’s a “Not for Profit” association established in 2009, affiliated to the Department of Entrepreneurship (DOE), Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce (FMSC), University of Sri Jayewardenepura, under the Companies Act No. 07 of 2007.
Lead the Sri Lankan Enterprises in the world
To stimulate development and growth of SMEs in Sri Lanka.
Our Main Objectives are
- To act as a network of small and medium scale business owners and managers.
- To act as a network of institutions, individuals working for SME development.
- To function as a policy planner for SME sector development.
- To provide and facilitate business development services.
- To continuously develop SME sector family environment.
- To inculcate entrepreneurship culture within universities and other educational institutions in Sri Lanka.
- To facilitate the development and establishment of new SMEs and entrepreneurship.
- To act as a coordinating agency for projects implemented or proposed to be implemented in Sri Lanka by foreign parties.
Application for Membership
Those who register for D EBM, AD EBM and PGD EBM can apply for the membership of COSME. Members are entitled to range of benefits including free workshops and above services at discounted prices.
Services We Offer
- Preparation of Corporate Plans, Business Plans, Business Development Plans, Contingency Plans, Project Feasibility Reports, Procedure Manuals.
- Consultancy on General Management, Strategic Management, Production Management, Marketing Management, Human Resource Management, Financial Management, Project Management, Taxation, Banking, Accounting, Management Information Systems, Quality Control and Conflict Management.
- Customer/ Public Relation
- Training on Time Management
- Disaster Recovery Management
- Entrepreneurship Development
- Promoting Best Practices in Government Institutions
- Conducting Management, Audits and Internal Audits
- Capacity Building for Government and Private Sector Institutions
- Institutional Development and Organizational Strengthening
- System Development for Business and Other Organization
- Reviving Sick Business
- Community Mobilization
- Promoting SMEs in Rural Communities
- Organizational and Personal Productivity Improvement
- Investment Appraisal
- Portfolio Management
- Financial Risk Management
- Positive Thinking Training
- Proposal Development
- Re -engineering and Restructuring
- Procedure Manual Development
- Designing and Implementation of Sustainable Development Programs
- Training Need Assessment – TNA
- Training of Trainers (TOT)
- Organizational Change and Development Programs