Name with designation: Dr(Mrs)M.G.G. Tharanganie
Contact Details: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Qualifications: PhD (University of Peradeniya); MBA (University of Colombo); B. Sc. Public Administration (Special) (USJP)
Certificate Courses Attended:
• Entrepreneurial University Transformation in South East Asia (2016), Indonesia.
• Human Resource Management in the Public Sector (2010), Malaysia.
• Strategic Management: Design and Implementation of Corporate Strategies. (2008) Maastricht School of Management, Netherlands.
• Certificate in Teaching in Higher Education (2002), Sri Lanka.
Teaching: Human Resource Management, Human Resource Development
Research Interests: Training, Career Management
Publications: Journals (Last Five Years)
• G.T Madagamage, B.F.N. Warnakulasooriya and H.V.A Wickramasuriya (2014), Factors Influencing Motivation to Transfer Training: An Empirical Study of a Government training Program in Sri Lanka, Tropical Agricultural Research, Vol: 26(1):12-25.
• G.T Madagamage, H.V.A Wickramasuriya and B.F.N Waranakulasooriya (2014), The Impact of Trainee Characteristics and Work Environmental Factors on Motivation to Learn, Asian Journal of Management Science and Education, Vol. 3(4) .
• G.T Madagamage (2013) The Impact of supervisory Support on Pre Training Self-Efficacy, Motivation to Learn and motivation to transfer, Journal of US- china Public Administration, Vol.10, No.3:320-330.
• G.T Madagamage (2013) The Influence on Career Commitment on Motivation to Learn and Motivation to Transfer, Asian Journal of Business and Management, vol.01, Issue 3:
Publications International Conferences (Last Five Years)
• G. T. Madagamage, G.D.N Perera, U.K Thalgaspitiya (2017) Career Management Practices in Sri Lanka: An Empirical Investigation, Annual International Conference on Recent Advances in Business, Economics, and Social Sciences and Humanities, Tokyo.
• G. T. Madagamage, G.D.N Perera, U.K Thalgaspitiya (2017) Development of a Conceptual Framework on Performance Management Practices in Sri Lankan Listed Companies, Annual International Conference on Recent Advances in Business, Economics, and Social Sciences and Humanities, Tokyo.
• Gunasekara, V.M and Tharanganie, M.G (2017) Family Responsibilities and Career Progression of Women Bankers: An Empirical Study in Galle District Private Sector Banks in Sri Lanka, 4th International HR Conference.
• G.T Madagamage and B.N.F Warnakulasooriya (2015) The Impact of Motivation to Learn and Motivation to Transfer Training: A Case of Government Sector Training Program in Sri Lanka, 4th International conference, National Institute of Development Administration, Bangkok Thailand
• G.T Madagamage, B.N.F Warnakulasooriya and H.V.A Wickramasuriya (2014) Factors Influencing Motivation to Transfer Training: An Empirical Study of a Government sector Training Program in Sri Lanka, 26th annual Congress, PGIA, university of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka.
• G. T. Madagamage (2012) Network of Asia Pacific Schools and Institute of Public Administration and Governance, Ninth International Conference, Sri Lanka
• D Jayantha and G.T Madagamage (2014) Determinants of Customer retention with Special Reference to Mobile Telecommunication Industry in Sri Lanka, 3rd International Conference on Management and Economics, University of Ruhuna
Awards and Scholarships (Last Five Years):
Research Award (2014) Research Council of USJ
Research Award (2015) Research Council of USJ
Research Award (2016) Research Council of USJ
National Contributions (Last Five Years)
• Resource Person, A/L Teacher Training programs Conducted by Ministry of Education, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
• Chief Examiner, G.C.E (A/L) Examination from 2013 to 2016
Dr. Geetha tharanghanie
Senior Lecturer (Grade I)