Senior Lecturer – Grade I
- B.Sc. Physical Sciences (Honors) (SJP)
- M.Sc. Advanced Computing (UCSC)
- D. Eng. (Human-Computer Interaction) (Shimane University, Japan)
- Member, BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT (BCS, UK)
- Member, Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET, UK)
- Member, Association for Computing Machinery (ACM, USA)
- Member, Institution of Electronic and Electrical Engineers (IEEE, USA)
- Information & Communication Technologies
- Information Systems
- Information Security
- Blended Learning
- Human Computer Interaction
- Gesture Recognition
- IoT (Internet of Things)
Research and Publications
- Gunawardena, K. S. L. (2016). Foot-based static gesture interaction in water. Doctoral Thesis, Shimane University.
- Pitigala Liyanage, M. P., Gunawardena, K. S. L., & Hirakawa, M. (2013). A framework for adaptive learning management systems using learning styles. 2013 International Conference on Advances in ICT for Emerging Regions (ICTer), (January 2016), 261–265.
- Kimura, K., Gunawardena, K. S. L., & Hirakawa, M. (2013). A framework for detecting positions of objects in water. In 2013 International Joint Conference on Awareness Science and Technology and Ubi-Media Computing (iCAST-UMEDIA), (pp. 679–685).
Peer Reviewed Articles:
- Pitigala Liyanage, M. P., Gunawardena, K. S. L., & Hirakawa, M. (2016). Detecting Learning Styles in Learning Management Systems Using Data Mining. IPSJ Transactions on Computers and Education, 2(1), 1–10.
- Gunawardena, K. S. L., & Hirakawa, M. (2015). GestureTank : A gesture detection water vessel for foot movements. International Journal on Advances in ICT for Emerging Regions, 8(2), 1–11.
- Gunawardena, K. S. L., Kimura, K., & Hirakawa, M. (2014). SensorTank: An Interactive Water Vessel. Journal of Information Processing, 22(3), 547–555.
- Pitigala Liyanage, M. P., Gunawardena, K. S. L., & Hirakawa, M. (2014). Using Learning Styles to Enhance Learning Management Systems. International Journal on Advances in ICT for Emerging Regions, 07(02), 1–10.
Google Scholar Profile:
Important positions held
- Secretary, Sri Lankan Academy of Young Scientists (2018-19)
- Council Member, Sri Lankan Academy of Young Scientists (2017-Todate)
- General Secretary – Innovation, Invention and Venture Creation Council (IIVCC-USJP) (2018-Todate)
- Executive Committee Member – BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT, Sri Lanka Section (2018-Todate)
- Coordinator, Information Technology Resource Centre (ITRC) 2003-2006
- Chair, IEEE Computer Society Sri Lanka Chapter 2009-2010
- lasith at sjp dot ac dot lk
“Any email sent to the above address (lasith at sjp dot ac dot lk) without any evidence of personally being addressed to the recipient AND contains information which is unsolicited in nature would be considered as SPAM Mail. Repeated sending of such messages from the same sender would be considered as email harassment under any law for the time being in force.”