Applicants having one of the following qualifications may apply.
To be eligible for admission to this program an applicant shall possess one of the following qualifications from a recognized university or an equivalent qualification from a recognized professional body.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (SLQF 5/6) with a major in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Commerce or Management from a recognized university with a First Class or Second Class Upper/Lower Division pass
- A Bachelor’s Degree (SLQF 5/6) in any subject area from a recognized university with two-years post qualifying experience in an executive capacity in finance sector.
- A professional full-qualification/ passed finalist from the following institutions with two- years post qualifying experience, five-years in the case of (n), in an executive capacity.
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka (ACA)
- Association of Chartered Financial Analysts (CFA)
- Chartered Institute Management Accounts (CIMA)
- Institute of Certified Management Accounts of Sri Lanka (CMA)
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), Diploma
- Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB), Diploma
- Institute of Bankers of Sri Lanka, Diploma
- Chartered Institute of Bankers (AIB), Diploma
- Chartered Institute of Engineering (CIE)
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Administrators, Diploma
- Sri Lanka Institute of Advance Technological Education, HNDA/HNDM (Four-year course)
- Sri Lanka Institute of Marketing – Diploma with 5 years post qualifying experience
- A postgraduate level qualification or its equivalent
- Any other academic or professional qualification in Finance, Accounting, Commerce or Management subject to the approval of the Senate of the University
Applicants are required to attend an interview to demonstrate that they have the commitment, motivation and potential to benefit from, and contribute to, the programme. All students must provide evidence of proficiency in the English language. Entrants without sufficient knowledge in accounting, economics, and mathematics may have to satisfy pre-entry requirements such as the completion of a program including these courses