University of Sri Jayewardenepura – Sri Lanka
Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce
Department of Public Administration
Diploma in Public Management – 2019
Applications are invited for the Diploma in Public Management offered by the Department of Public Administration, Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce, University of Sri Jayewardenepura.
The main objectives of this Diploma are to:-
- Enhance the theoretical knowledge and skills in both fields of public and private sector management.
- Provide an opportunity for further education in the field of management.
- Pave the way for the working community to develop their career and nurture positive attitudes for a better working environment.
Those who are seeking to gain entry into the field of management, and those who are already employed in public or private sector and expecting to be promoted to the lower level managerial positions from non-managerial positions.
At the successful completion of the programme, the participants are expected to possess adequate knowledge, skills, and positive attitudes in the fields of both public and private sector management.
Rs: 65,000/- (All inclusive)
Medium of Instruction:
One year part time programme.
Lectures will be conducted in weekends at the University of Sri Jayewardenepura.
Minimum Entry Qualifications:
- Candidates who have passed the G.C.E. (O/L) in six subjects including Mathematics and English with two years experience in public, private, non governmental organizations (NGOs) or any established organization
- Two subjects in the G.C.E. (A/L) in the new syllabus or three subjects in the old syllabus with English at the G.C.E. (O/L) or (A/L) Examinations.
- Passed Finalist of the AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians of Sri Lanka)
- Other qualifications, which the University accepts as equivalent to the above.
- Not less than 18 years of age
How to apply:
Anyone interested in following this programme can collect applications and other required documents through the university website of http://mgt.sjp.ac.lk/pub/ or by visiting to the Department of Public Administration or writing to the Department enclosing a 9”x4” self-addressed and Rs. 15/- stamped envelope. Completed applications with the required documents should be submitted on or before 25th December 2018 to the following address.
Coordinator, Department of Public Administration, Faculty of Management of Studies and Commerce, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Gangodawila, Nugegoda.
For Further Details: