ACADEMIC / PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
Ph.D. Graduate School of Public Administration, National Institute of Development Administration, Bangkok, Thailand, (1999-2003).
Dissertation Title: Managerial Entrepreneurship in the Sri Lanka Administrative Service: A Multidisciplinar
MA (Econ.) Development Administration and Management, University of Manchester, U.K. (1991/92).
Dissertation Title:Dilemmas of Decentralization in Sri Lanka: Technical and Political Perspectives
Postgraduate Diploma in Development Studies, University of Manchester, U.K.(1990/91).
B.Sc. Public Administration (Special) Degree, Second Class (Upper Division), University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka (1981-1985).
- Professor and Head – Department of Public Administration, Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka.
Chairman, Faculty Research Committee, Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce, University of Sri Jayewardenepura.
Administrative Positions Held
Director, External Degree and Extension Courses, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka (from September 2011 to October 2012)
Head, Department of Public Administration,(
from 20th January 2004 to 20th January 2007).
- Acting Dean, Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka (from 6thSeptember to 25th October 2006).
- Acting Head, Department of Public Administration, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka (from 01st February 2002 to 01st March 2001).
Coordinator, B.Sc. Management (General) External Degree Program (for the year 1997/ 1998 and 1998/1999)
Coordinator, Diploma in Public Management (for the year 2005/2006, 2007/2008 and from 2009 to 2011).
Coordinator, Staff Development Program, Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce, University of Sri Jayewardenepura ( for the year of 2001/2002).
- Coordinator of B. Sc Management (Public) External Degree Program (from 1st September 2009 to 2011).
Projects as Instruments for Inducing Rural Development, Rural Development and Development (Sinhala Medium), Rural Development Research and Training Institution, Sri Lanka, 1999.
An Integrated Approach to Poverty Reduction in Developing Countries, Sri Lanka Journal of Rural Development, Special Issue, Vol. 1, No 1, 2002.
Determinants of Public Entrepreneurship in the Sri Lanka Administrative Service, Amity Business Review, Vol. 2, July- December 2004.
Women, Development and Management, Economic Review Journal, Peoples’ Bank Publications, Sri Lanka, March 2006.
Managerial Innovation in Delivery Service in Public Sector Organizations in Sri Lanka, Governance and Development edited by Salahuddin M. Aminuzzaman, Shrabon Printing Press, Dhaka, Bangladesh, September, 2006.
An Evaluation of Samurdhi Programme in Sri Lanka (with Reference to Ten Villages in Panadura Divisional Secretariat, Governance and Poverty Reduction; Beyond the Cage of Best Practices edited by Amitha Singhe, Kapil kapoor, R. Bhattacharya, PHTI Learning Private Limited, New Delhi, India 2009.
Public Policy Analysis, (Sinhala Medium) 2009, Author Publication.
Ethics as a Viable Strategy for Combating Public Sector Corruption in Sri Lanka, Strengthening Governance in Asia Pacific: Myths, Realities, and Paradoxes, edited by Sharif As- Sabar, Amita Singh, Raza Ahmad, jennifar Jalal, Macmillan Publishers, India, 2010.
Determinants of Managerial Innovation in the State University Administration in Sri Lanka, Millennium Development Goals and Community Initiatives in the Asia Pacific edited by Amita Singh, Eduardo T. Gonzalez and Stanley Bruce Thomson, Publisher; Springer, India 2013.
Women Managers and their personal Barriers for Upward Mobility in Private and Public Sectors in Sri Lanka in The Kelaniya Journal of Management, University of Kelaniya, Vo.2, No.1 January – June 2013 , by , L Jayatilake, PAP Kumara, P Withanage, RLS Fernando.
Disaster Communication in Mitigating Climate Change In Sri Lanka: Problems and Prospects, Governance Approaches to Mitigation of an Adaptation to Climate Change in Asia edited by Huong Ha and Tek Nath Dhakal, Publisher; Palgrave Macmillan, England, 2013.
Strategic Disaster Risk Management in Asia, Edited by Huong Ha, R. Lalitha S. Fernando., A. Mahmood, 2015, Publisher: Springer.
An Analysis of the Effectiveness of Implementing Public Awareness, Education and Training Programs as a Risk Reduction Strategy in Disaster Management in Sri Lanka, by R.L.S. Fernando, M.W.M. Abeykoon and K.M. Premathilaka, Strategic Disaster Risk Management in Asia, Edited by Huong Ha, R. Lalitha S. Fernando., A. Mahmood, 2015, Publisher: Springer.
Effectiveness of Administrative Preparedness: A Case Study on Flooding Conditions in Ambangamuwa Korale Division of Nuwara Eliya District in Sri Lanka, by R.L.S. Fernando and Aruna Muthulingam, Strategic Disaster Risk Management in Asia, Edited byHuong Ha, R. Lalitha S. Fernando., A. Mahmood, 2015, Publisher: Springer.
Role of e- governance in Combating Corruption in the Public Sector” in Economic Review Journal , Vol 40, Oct/ Nov 2014, People’ s Bank Publication- April 2015.
Sri Lankan Women Managers and their Situational Barriers: An Emerging Profile , Lakmini,V.K. Jayatilake, R. Lalitha S. Fernando, P.A.P. Samantha Kumara, Kelaniya Journal of Human Resource Management 7 (1), 77-104
Public Value of E-Government: The Case of Ministry of Public Administration and Home Affairs in Sri Lanka. In I. Sodhi (Ed.),Trends, Prospects, and Challenges in Asian E-Governance (pp. 139-159). IGI Global, 2016. By Sufna, Noor and R. Lalitha S. Fernando
Public Policy Analysis
Public Management and Governance,
Public Policy Analysis
B.Sc. Pub. Admin. (Special)(SJP); M.A. (Carleton); PhD (Carleton)
Phone ofs :0112758871
B.A. Pol.Sc. (Special) (Peradeniya); M.A. (Peradeniya)
Political Science, Public Administration
Political Science, Public Administration, Local Government, International Relations
Rural Local Government and People’s Participation
Modern Local Government Institutions, their functions and people’s participation in Sri Lanka
Course Co-coordinator, B.Sc Management (Public )General External Degree Programme
Former Head, Department of Public Administration.
Phone ofs : 0112758866
Email : email@example.com
Mobile :- –
B.Sc. Mgt. (Public)( Special) (SJP), MPA (PIM-SJP);M.P.P. M.A.in Pub. Economics;Ph.D.in Pub.Economics(GRIPS, Tokyo)
Phone ofs : 0112758868
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
B.Sc. Mgt(Public) Special, Pg.D IR, Pg.D DS, MPP , MAAT,
Public Finance, Rural Development, Project Management
Health Policies, Gender issues, Environmental studies
Phone ofs :0112758874
Email : email@example.com
B.Sc. Management (USJ, Sri Lanka)
Master in Public Policy (NUS, Singapore)
Postgraduate Diploma in Research Methods and Skills (MSM, Netherlands),Reading for Ph.D. in Development Administration (NIDA, Thailand)
Local Government, Public Administration
Ageing Population, Public Policy, Governance, Women Studies
- Madhuwanthi L.A.P, & Mmbali, O.S., “Cultural Diversity and Classroom Experience: A Phenomenological Case of Graduate Students’ Response to New Classroom Experience”, International Journal of Management, Knowledge and Learning (forthcoming issue)
- Weerasinghe S., & Madhuwanthi, L.A.P., “Empirical study on Government Debt and Gross Domestic Production in Sri Lanka”, presented at the 9th International Conference of Network of Asia Pacific Schools and Institutions for PubliC Administration and Governance (NAPSIPAG, 2012), Sri Lanka.
- Lakmali, W.H.P., & Madhuwanthi, L.A.P., “Women and Political Leadership: Challenges and Constraints: With Special Reference to Local Government in Sri Lanka”, presented at the 1st International Research Conference on Humanities and Social Sciences (IRCHSS, 2012), University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka.
- Madhuwanthi, L.A.P., “An assessment of National Provident Funds in Sri Lanka”, presented at the 7th International Conference on Business Management (ICBM, 2010), University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka.
- Weerasinghe, C., & Madhuwanthi, L.A.P., “Women’s Contribution to Rural Development in Sri Lanka”, presented at the 10th National Convention on Women’s Studies (2006), the Center for Women’s Research (CENWOR), Sri Lanka.
- Madhuwanthi, L.A.P., & Jayasinghe, R. P. C. K., “Poverty Alleviation Efforts in Sri Lanka: Isuru Microfinance Project”, presented at the Conference on Contemporary Public Policy Issues in Sri Lanka, (2005), University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka.
Phone ofs :0112758864
B.Sc. Public Mgt. (Special) (SJP), MSc in Management(USJP)
Public Administration, Governance, Research Methods
Public Administration, Electronic Governance, Political Science
Chapter on Public Administration and the government structure of Sri Lanka, Course manual on Political Environment, Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce, University of Sri Jayewardenepura.
Coordinator – Diploma in public Management (2012-2014)
Student Mentor, Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce
Internship Coordinator, Department of Public Administration (since 2010)
Coordinator, DE 3342, Public Administration, Faculty of Engineering, University of Moratuwa (2012-2015)
Phone ofs :0112758870
Mobile :- 0773669465
B.Sc. Mgt. (Public) (Special) (SJP), Msc in Management(USJP)
Project Management. Development Economics, Political Environment
Policy implementation, Public Administration, Development Economics, Rural Development
- An Analysis of Environment Policy in Sri Lanka: A Sustainable Development Perspective. International conference on ‘Economic Reforms, Growth, and Sustainable Development: Changing role of Institutions’, Central University of Kerala, India.(2015)
- A Policy Framework for Poverty Reduction in Sri Lanka: The Governance Approach. International conference on Public Policy and Governance in the era of Globalization, Central University of Kerala, India.(2014)
- Democracy; against to the myth of putting people first. Classic Magazine, Issue 111, Nov.2014
- Case study of National Entrepreneurs in Sri Lanka, International conference on Business Management, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, (2013)
- Are Leaders born or made? Daily News, 8th Oct.2013
Phone ofs :0112758865
B.Sc. Mgt. (Public) (Special) (SJP), Higher Dip. in IR (BCIS), Reading for MBA (PIM)
Phone ofs :0112758869
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
B.Sc. Public Mgt. (Special) (SJP), PgD in Applied Sociology(UOC), Reading for MSC in Management (USJP)
Sociology, Political Environment, Public Management, Development Administration
Disaster Management, Conflict Resolution and Social Issues
- “A perception Analysis on Income Tax Evasion in Sri Lanka” International Conference on Business Management, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, (2012)
- “Why is public sector clerical service getting feminized?”Classic Magazine, Issue 111, Nov.2014
- “Spelling work values to the Public Sector”Classic Magazine, Issue 1V,Nov.2015
Phone ofs :0112758853
Email : email@example.com
B.Sc. Public Management.(Special), First Class(USJP).
Public Management, Development Policy and Management, Public Finance
Public Sector Productivity, Privatization
- Public Sector Productivity: The case of Management Assistant Service of Ministry of Public Administration and Home Affairs in Sri Lanka by W. M. D. M. Dissanayaka1, R. Lalitha S. Fernando2,International Journal of Recent Research in Social Sciences and Humanities (IJRRSSH) Vol. 3, Issue 3, pp: (106-115), Month: July – September 2016, Available at: paperpublications.org
- Public Sector Productivity: The case of Management Assistant Service of Ministry of Public Administration and Home Affairs in Sri Lanka by W. M. D. M. Dissanayaka1, R. Lalitha S. Fernando2, International Conference on “Public Administration & Sufficiency Economy Philosophy” Graduate School of Public Administration, NIDA, Thailand.
Mobile : +9477 277 99 38
Qualifications:B.Sc. Public Management (Special) Degree with a Second Class Upper Division.
Passed Certificate in Accounting and Business Level II in Chartered Accountancy.
- People’s Participation in Development Projects in Sri Lanka: with special reference to Kalthota village, International Conference on Social Sciences (2016), University of Kelaniya.
- Difference between Management and Administration, Classic Magazine. Issue III (2014).
Qualifications: Bsc Public Management (special ) with a second class upper division (2016)
Professional Qualifications:- Completed Certificate of Accounting And Business level 1 in CA Sri Lanka
Research Interest:- NGO involvement in development, Tourism And Public Policy
Teaching Interest:- Public Management, International Relations
- Participatory decision making in grass root level in Sri Lanka: Better World (2017)
- “NGO involvement in development “for classic magazine 2017