MoU between the Department of Finance and Chartered Institute for Securities and Investments – (CISI)
Department of Finance moved another step forward by joining hands with CISI, one of the leading professional body for securities, Investment, wealth and financial planning professionals in UK and in a growing number of major financial centres around the world. The Department, with the vision of producing globally competent finance graduates and professionals, signed the MoU with the CISI on 16th Thursday 2016 at the University premises. This event was graced by Prof. Samapth Amaratunga, Vice Chancellor, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Dr. Anura Kumara, Dean of the Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce, Prof.Hareendra Dissabandara, Head of the Department of Finance and all the other Academic members of the Department, together with Mr. Simon Culhane, Chief Executive of CISI, Mr.Brian Selvanayagam, Country Manager of CISI and Mr.Asanka Wijratne, Assistant Vice President of CISI.
The main purpose of this alliance is for CISI to accept the USJP as its Partner University in Management Education and outline areas where the organizations can work together, as follows,
- Consider the case for exemptions for the CISI qualification
- Hosting of joint CPD events on themes of mutual interest
- Offer a special discount of 62.5% for undergraduates and graduates taking CISI exams
- Promote joint research and awareness in field of capital markets
- Obtain the service of the academic staff of the Department of Finance of USJP when required by CISI
- Collaborate and sponsor events of mutual interest conducted by Department of Finance of USJP
- Award an annual gold medal to the highest achiever in Investment and Portfolio Management
- Share the academics, research and other study related materials
Department of Finance, with the association of globally recognized professional bodies, strives to uplift the quality of their degree program and be the leaders in producing competent young professionals to the challenging global investment industry.
*if any student outside the Department of Finance wishes to apply for the CISI courses, should apply through the Head of Department of Finance.