The B. Sc. Human Resource Management (Special) Degree is one of the best degree offered by the Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce, University of Sri Jayewardenepura and one of the most outstanding academic department in the Sri Lankan University system.
HRM is one of the most important functional fields of Business Administration that is a discipline of education that gives a competitive advantage to the University. The Degree programme has been named as BSc Human Resource Management (Special). The term ‘special’ means a four-year degree denoting the duration. Also it means ‘a degree with independent study and independent research study and practical training
The Degree provides a general understanding of organizational management, competencies in communication, quantitative reasoning and information technology and then increasing specialization in HRM commencing from the second year up to the final year. The seven outcomes or goals of the degree programme are to develop:
- A graduate who will become a good citizen of Sri Lanka.
- A graduate who values excellence, productivity, integrity, expertise and job and business performance.
- A graduate who has the potential to become an effective and efficient professional in the field of human resource management.
- A graduate who is a person of good character.
- A graduate who can make a significant and unique contribution to human and institutional development in Sri Lanka.
- A graduate who has a passion as well as a mental and physical preparedness for continuous learning and self-development.
- A graduate who is special, giving from his/her heart, making the world a better place for those whose lives he/she touches.
Degree Programme News
HRM AS YOUR CAREER?
“To be effective, therefore, you have to know the strengths, the performance modes and the values of your co workers.” ⁃ Peter Drucker – Get to know more about the significance of HRM from an HR professional in the industry… #Why_HRM_As_Your_Career #HRM_Family #USJ
Primary Point Of Contact
HRM Degree Programme Coordinator,
Department of Human Resource Management