Room number: ACC 121, Sri Soratha Building
Telephone: +94 (0)11 2803472
Pivindi Alwis is a Lecturer (Probationary) of the Department of Business Administration. She earned her first degree from the Department of Business Administration of University of Sri Jayewardenepura in 2016. Also, she is a CIMA passed finalist and currently reading for Master of Business Administration at Postgraduate Institute of Management. Prior to joining the Department, she worked in the corporate sector in relation to the field of quality assurance and business process improvement.
- Currently reading for Master of Business Administration
- B.Sc. (Special) Business Administration (Hons First Class)
- CIMA Passed Finalist(UK) 2014
- Certified Course in Human Resource Management, Institute of Personnel Management,2015
Working as a Lecturer (Probationary) from June 2018 to date and worked as a Lecturer
- Organisational Behaviour
- Society and Organisation
- Contemporary Issues in Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Ethics
- Principles of Management
- Managing Personal and Managerial Competencies
(Temporary) from 2016 to 2018. The courses involved are;
- Non-Standard Work Schedules and Work/life Balance: A Study with Special Reference to
Time Zone Dependent Workers in Sri Lankan Business Process Outsourcing Companies.
- Rearticulating Professional Identities: Examining the impact of Information and
Communication Technologies (ICTs) on knowledge-based power of professional
- She is a member of the Cluster for Organisation and Society and the Cluster for
Knowledge Management and Business Innovation.
- Current research interests – Work and Organisation.
- Alwis, P. &Ilangasinha, R. (2017). ‘Effect of Celebrity Endorsements on Buying Behavior of Families with Young Children in Sri Lanka’, 12th Research Symposium, Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce, University of Sri Jayewardenepura (January, 2017).