To be eligible for admission to the MPAcc program, an applicant shall possess one of the following qualifications from a recognized Sri Lankan university/ foreign university or an equivalent qualification from a recognized professional body.
1. A Bachelor’s Degree (SLQF 5/SLQF 6) in Accounting, Commerce or Management from a recognised university or equivalent higher education institution
2. Membership or Passed Finalist of one of the following accounting professional bodies:
a) Institute of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka (CA Sri Lanka)
b) Institute of Certified Management Accountants of Sri Lanka (CMA-Sri Lanka)
c) Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA-UK)
d) Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA-UK)
3. Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting and Financial Management (Department of Accounting, University of Sri Jayewardenepura) or equivalent postgraduate qualification from a recognised University or equivalent higher education institution
4. A Diploma holder of the Higher National Diploma in Accountancy (HNDA) of the Sri Lanka Institute of Advanced Technological Education (SLIATE)
5. Any other academic or professional qualification in Accounting, Commerce or Management subject to the approval of the University Senate
The selection procedure consists of the following steps:
- The study program will be advertised in the print media and the university website.
- The applications should be obtained from the Faculty of Graduate Studies (FGS), University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Gangodawila, Nugegoda. The duly filled applications should be submitted to the FGS.
- Applications received will be initially screened to assess whether the minimum entry qualifications are met.
- The screened candidates will have to face an interview, in which their general knowledge, intelligence, proficiency in the English Language, and accounting knowledge will be assessed.
- The selected candidates will be notified.
- DA plans to enroll 50 students as the first intake of the MPAcc degree program and increase the numbers with the subsequent intakes.