Who Could Apply?
To be eligible for admission to the MPAcc Programme, an applicant shall possess one of the following qualifications from a recognized Sri Lankan university/ foreign university or an equivalent qualification from a recognized professional body.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (SLQF 5/ SLQF 6) in Accounting, Commerce or Management from a recognized university or equivalent higher education institution.
- Membership or Passed Finalist of one of the following accounting professional bodies:
a) Institute of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka (CA Sri Lanka)
b) Institute of Certified Management Accountants of Sri Lanka (CMA, Sri Lanka)
c) Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA, UK) ‘
d) Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA,UK)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting and Financial Management (Department of Accounting, University of Sri Jayewardenepura) or equivalent postgraduate qualification from a recognized University or an equivalent higher educational institution.
- Completion of NVQ level 7 (B.Tech.) with a minimum of GPA of 3.0
- Any other academic or professional qualification in Accounting, Commerce or Management subject to the approval of the University Senate.
The selection procedure consists of the following steps:
- The study program will be advertised in the print media and the university website of the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
- Online applications could be accessed via:
- Applications received will be initially screened to assess whether the minimum entry qualifications are met.
- The screened candidates will have to face an interview, in which their general knowledge, intelligence, proficiency in the English Language, and accounting knowledge will be assessed.
- The selected candidates will be notified.