The B.Sc. Accounting (Special) Degree Program has been specially designed to develop academic and professional competencies in its graduates to suit for a career in the functional discipline of accounting and business management both locally and globally, and to engage in research-based studies at postgraduate level.
Students who have completed the B.Sc. Accounting (Special) Degree will have acquired an advanced-level of education including both specialist knowledge and general intellectual and life skills that prepare them for gainful employment and effective citizenship with a firm foundation for continuous learning and personal development. They will be a distinct clan with a strong sense of professionalism, desire for continuous improvement, confidence and adaptability, ability to communicate and cooperate, and a deep empathy for the needs of the wider society.
Accordingly, the graduates of B.Sc. Accounting (Special) Degree will possess following attributes:
- Knowledgeable and skilled in accounting and business
- Knowledgeable and skilled in appreciating accounting in its wider socio-political context
- Enterprising and adaptable to change
- Critical thinkers with analytical and problem solving skills
- Reflective knowledge seekers committed for lifelong learning
- Skilled in communicating accounting and management issues in professional and business contexts
- Effective leaders with self-awareness, interpersonal skills and aesthetic sense
- Responsible citizens who are ethical and professional in action