Prof. A R Ajward
Prof. A.R. Ajward
Professor in Accounting
B.Sc. Accountancy Special (SJP), PhD (Japan), MBA (Japan), ACA (Chartered Accountant)
- Advanced Accounting Theory
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Finance
- Research Methodology
- Impact of corporate governance mechanism on financial accounting dimensions such as earnings quality.
- External auditors and their impact on the improvement of financial accounting and reporting dimensions.
- A.R. Ajward. 2006. An empirical study on social accounting andreporting practices of selected listed companies in Sri Lanka as a modern perspective of accounting for management for growth and development. Conference paper presented and published in University of Colombo.
- Liyanage, A.D., and A.R. Ajward. 2006. An empirical study on issues and challenges in working capital management of Sri Lankan commercial banking sector.Conference paper presented and published in University of Sabaragamuwa.
- Ajward, A.R.2010. Measurement of employee well-being as a resource of an economic entity: Towards a comprehensive measurement framework. Bulletin of the Graduate School of Commerce 70: 101–118.
- Ajward, A.R. 2010. The earnings quality status of contemporary big-4 affiliated auditors amidst ChuoAoyama crisis. Bulletin of the Graduate School of Commerce 71: 263–284.
- Ajward, A.R. 2011.An empirical evaluation of the effectiveness of audit committees in terms of earnings quality. Bulletin of the Graduate School of Commerce72: 107–132.
- Ajward, A.R., and H. Takehara. 2011. On the relationship between earnings quality and the degree of information asymmetry: Evidence from Japan. Japan Journal of Finance 31 (1):76–99.
- Ebihara, T., and A.R. Ajward. 2012. Do Independence and Financial Expertise of Directors Matter for Earnings Quality? An Empirical Investigation. Accepted to be published in the special issue of The Journal of Management Accounting, Japan.
- Ajward, A.R., and H. Takehara,“On the Relationship between Earnings Quality and the Degree of Information Asymmetry: Evidence from Japan” (paper presented at the34th annual conference of Japan Finance Association, Rikkyo University, Japan, October 11, 2010).
- Ebihara, T., and A.R. Ajward, “Do Independence and Financial Expertise of Directors Matter for Earnings Quality? An Empirical Investigation” (paper presented at the 2011-East Division Seminar of Japan Finance Association, Musashi University, Japan, March 7, 2011).