Senior Prof. K. D. Gunawardena
Senior Professor in Accounting
B.Sc. (Bus. Admin.) (SJP); M.B.A. (Colombo); CMA (Au), FIPA (SL), Ph.D.(Computer Engineering Mgt)
- Accounting Information Systems
- Artificial Neural network for Accountants
- Quantitative Research Methodology for Accounting and ERP in Accounting modules.
- Policy formulation of Information Technology in developing countries
- Artificial Neural Networks in Accounting and Finance
- Accounting Systems developments and ERP related problems industry
- International Journal/Local Referred Journal
- Gunawardana,K.D.,(2005) An Empirical Study of Potential Challenges and Benefits of Implementing e-learning in Sri Lanka, International Journal of the Computer, the Internet and Management (IJCIM) 29.(2) pp 234-287.
- Gunawardana,K.D. (2006) Advanced Manufacturing Technology Transfer- A Literature Review , Sabaragamuwa University Journal Volume 6, No.1 pp56-98
- Gunawardana K.D and Ekanayaka S (2009) An Empirical Study of the Factors that Impact Medical Representatives’ Attitude toward the Intention to use M-Learning For Career development, Sasin Journal of Management. 5. 94) pp60-87
- Gunawardana K.D (2008) An Empirical Study of potential challenges of Implementing E-Commerce Strategy: Special reference to BOI Companies in Sri Lanka Vidyodaya Journal of Humanities and Social Science 23,(4) pp219-227
- Gunawardana.KD. (2007) Current Status of Information technology and Its Issues in Sri Lanka
- International Journal of the Computer, the Internet and Management Vol, 15 No. 3 pp 34-56
- Gunawardana K.D (2009) An Analysis of the critical factors of ISO 9001:2000 Management practices and customer satisfaction of the Selected Listed Manaufacturing Companies in Sri Lanka. VIDYODAYA Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences, Science and Management: Special Golden Jubilee issue 2009pp132-144
- Gunawardana,K.D and Sittichai, P. (2005) Logistic Regression Model for Business Failure Predictions of the Technology Industry in Thailand” International Journal of the Computer, the Internet and Management (IJCIM)- ISSN 0858-7027, Volume 13, No. SP2 pp18.1-18.4
- Silva, P.B.M.G., Gunawardana,K.D and Silva , S.K.P.N (2007) The Impact of Enterprise Resource Planning Systems on Management Accounting in Private Companies in Sri Lanka, Electronic copy available at: http://ssrn.com/abstract=1742377
International Proceedings/Local Proceedings
§ Gunawardana, K.D. (2010) Adaptation Strategies of the Sustainable Livelihood Considerations for the
§ Internal Displacement Women in Sri Lanka, Conference on Displacement, Division and Renewal:
§ Borneo Conference 2010 : Curtin University, Miri, Sarawak (Full paper is ready for publication)
Gunawardana K.D and Vichakorn Chiraphadhanakul The Factors affecting IPO Return in the Thai Stock Market” International Journal of the Computer, the Internet and Management (IJCIM)- O ctober,2005
- Gunawardana K.D An Empirical study on students’ perception of choice of criteria in the selection of Degreeawarding Institutes with foreign affiliations in Sri Lanka -The Issues and Challenges of the 21st Century” 10th Anniversary International Symposium 4th-8th July 2006. ISBN 955-444-021-6 Page No. 336
- Gunawardana K.D and Rajeshwaran N An Empirical Investigation of the Security Controls of Computerized Accounting Information Systems (CAIS) in the Selected Listed companies in Sri Lanka Joint publication The sixth International Conference on Business Management-2008
- Gunawardana K.D The Impact of Selected management Accounting practices on Tax Revenue Efficiency in Southern provincial council in Sri Lanka The sixth International Conference on Business Management-2008
- Gunawardana, K.D and Muhammad Hisham Alif An Empirical Study of Corporate Governance practices of the Banking sector of Sri Lanka and the impact of Firm Specific Characteristics on Disclosure practices International research Conference on Management and Finance (IRCMF) 2008
- Gunawardana, K.D The Impact of Organizational commitment on Strategic Information systems planning in Sri lankan banking sector The Fifth International Conference on Business Management-2008
- Gunawardana, K.D Jayasinghe. J.N) Human Resource Challenges to develop eBusiness in Sri Lanka, a Case Study Proceedings of the 24th South East Asia regional Computer conference, November 18-19-2007, Bangkok, Thailand
- Gunawardana, K.D The Impact of Firm-based characteristics and potential challenges facing adoption of e-commerce in Sri Lanka” The 7th Asia Pacific Industrial Engineering and Management Systems Conference, APIEMS , Thailand, December 2006 ISBN 974-8257-26-6 Page No. 303
- Gunawardana, K.D Empirical support for advanced manufacturing technology transfers from Foreign-based Companies to Local Companies” The First International Conference on Business Management in Developing Countries pp. 66-76
- Gunawardana, K.D Management and Science Graduates” 2nd Annual Research Session – 1999, Faculty of Graduate Studies, 23rd October, 1999.
- Gunawardana, K.D An Analysis of Competitive Strategies in Sri Lankan Soft drinks Industry” 1st Annual Research Session -1999, Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, 15th December, 1999
- Gunawardana, K.D and Devaka J. Punchihewa The Measurement of e-commerce awareness in the Tourism Industry of Sri Lanka” -Page No. 65 The First International Conference on Business Management in Developing Countries -Page Nos. 77-93
- Gunawardana, K.D and Vichit Avatchanakorn The measurement of e-commerce awareness in Thailand Industries – Survey and Analysis Perspectives” Proceedings of the 2000 IEEE International Conference on Management of Innovation and Technology- ICMIT 2000 IEEE Catalog No. 00ex457 SBN 0-7803-6652-2
- Gunawardana, K.D and Chamong Jungthrapanic Quantitative Measurement of Advanced Manufacturing Technology Transfers from Foreign-based Companies to Local Companies”
Page Nos. 464-471
- Gunawardana, K.D and Chamong Jungthrapanic Global Business and Technology Association Beyond Boundaries” ISBN 0-9657171-4-3 Printed in USA 2002 ISBN 974-13-2685-8 CUP 807 387.1 Page Nos. 65-85
- Ahangama N, Gunawardana, K.D AN EMPIRICAL INVESTIGATION INTO THE EXTENT OF GREEN IT PRACTICES IN SRI LANKA’S DATA CENTERS – A CASE STUDY APPROACH
- Gunawardana K.D and V.Chiraphdhamakul The Factors affecting IPO Returns in the Thai Stock Market” 3rd International Conference on Business Management -2006. ISBN 955-9054-55-4
- Gunawardana K.D and Boonyahik Whangteeranon Stock Market Reaction to THAIFEX – An Event Analysis International Journal of the Computer, the Internet and Management (IJCIM)- October, 2005 ISSN 0858-7027, Volume 13, No. SP2
- Gunawardana K.D and Anasuman Rakshit A Study of the relationship between Dividend Announcement and Stock Price Changes in Banking Industries in Thailand” (IJCIM-Oct. 2005)
- International Journal of the Computer, the Internet and Management (IJCIM)- Oct.2005 ISSN 0858-7027, Volume 13, No. SP2 Page No.33
- Gunawardana K.D,. Ansuman Rakshit An initial study into Students’ perception of choice of criteria in the selection of non-Sri Lankan Fee-levying Degree awarding Institutes available in Sri Lanka”
- Gunawardana K.D ,SDC-SLAIHEE May, 2006 – Conference for improving Higher Education effectiveness in Sri Lanka, University of Colombo A Study of Attitudes towards Telecom uniting Sri Lankan Information Technology Sector Employees
- Gunawardana K.D A study of attitudes towards telecommuting ofSrilankan information technology sector employees 8th International Information Technology Conference at BMICH-Colombo
- Gunawardana K.D Quantitative Measurement of Advanced Manufacturing Technology Transfers from Foreign-based Companies to Local Companies”. ISBN 7900647-20-1/G CD ROM
- Gunawardana K.D Predicting Stock Price Performance: A Neural Network Approach” Page Nos. 92-97 4th International Conference on Business Management -2007 ISBN 978-955-9054-60-3
- Gunawardana K.D, Devaka P Sri Lankan IT Outsourcing Industry in the Global Context.” Joint National Conference of the Faculty of Graduate Studies -2007, University of Sri Jayewardenepura. Sri Lanka.
- Gunawardana K.D The Impact of Corporate Managers Attitudes on E-learning in Sri Lanka Fifth International conference on elearning for knowledge-Based Society December 11-12, 2008, Bangkok, Thailand. (Abstract only)
- Gunawardana K.D, Sudarshan (2006) An Analysis of E-commerce (B2B) Awareness in Manufacturing Industries of Sri Lanka. The Fifth International Conference on Business Management
- Developed 2 multi-disciplinary Case Studies and the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka has accepted these 2 cases for examination purposes.
- Case study and Unpublished papers (under consideration)
- Gunawardana K.D (2006) An Empirical Study on The Factors that affect the Adoption of Human resource Information systems in the Banking Sector
- Gunawardana K.D (2006) The Impact of Firm-based characteristics on Adoption of E-commerce in SME in Sri LankaThe Abstract of this paper is already published, full paper is still under consideration
- Gunawardana K.D (2006) An Empirical study on students’ perception of choice of criteria in the selection of Degree awarding Institutes with foreign affiliations in Sri Lanka The Abstract of this paper is already published, full paper is still under consideration
Books and Chapters
- Name of the Book– “Information and Communication Technologies for Economic and Regional Development.” IDEA Group Publication in USAISBN-1-59904-186-3 338.9’26-DC22 HC 79155153575-2006 British Cataloguing 2006032170 Page Nos.of the Chapter 259-281
- Potential Challenges and Benefits of Information Technology and economic development in Sri Lanka.’ pp291-313 Chapter XXI ISBN 9781599045795 DOI 104018/978-1-159904-579-5
Information Science Reference
Edited Books and Proceedings
- Editor of the Book of Abstracts of the first International Conference of Business Management
- Editor of the Book of Proceedings of the Conference
Publications in Professional Journals/Magazines, etc
- Ceylon Today FT Article series in every Sunday from May, 2012 to now
Local Books Edited
- National planning –Sinhala Medium 2001 Published by Asia Foundation
- Case studies in Public Finance – Sinhala Medium 2001 Published by Asia Foundation
- Leadership styles- Sinhala Medium 2001 Published by Asia Foundation
Local Published Books
1. Research Methodology for Accounting Sinhala medium book ISBN 978-955-52-0503-9
2. Accounting information Systems ISBN 978-955-52050-09
3. An Introduction to Artificial Neural Network for Accounting and Finance Modeling ISBN 978-955-52050-2-3
4. Quantitative Research Methodology ISBN 978-955-52050-1-6
1. Advanced Level Text Book “ Cost Accounting- Overhead Analysis Chapter in 2000, Government Publications, Sri Lanka
(1) Cultural profiles: Facilitating Global learning and Knowledge Sharing Jan M. Pawlowski Cited my paper called Gunawardana K.D.(2005) An Empirical Study of potential Challenges and Benefits of Implementing E-Learning in Sri Lanka.
(2) Investigating the optimal number of attributes to manage knowledge performances Basir and Ahmad, Malaysia, cited my paper called Puagwatana S and Gunawardana K.D. Business Failure Prediction model: a case study of technology industry in Thailand.
(3) Nigerian Graduating Students’ Access to E-learning technology: Implications for higher Education management. Bassey U.U cited my paper called Gunawardan K.D. .(2005) An Empirical Study of potential Challenges and Benefits of Implementing E-Learning in Sri Lanka.
(4) Instructors’ Percepective on E-Learning Adoption in Sri Lanka: A preliminary Investigation
Gunawardana K.D. .(2005) An Empirical Study of potential Challenges and Benefits of Implementing E-Learning in Sri Lanka.
(5) The need for Standardization of Context Metadata for e-learning environments Thomas Richter and pawlowski
Cited my paper Gunawardana K.D. .(2005) An Empirical Study of potential Challenges and Benefits of Implementing E-Learning in Sri Lanka.
(6) National Information technology policy in Thialand: A Comparison Among organizational Sectors
Winley G, Arjpru C Wongwuttiwat J Cited my paper called Puagwatana S and Gunawardana K.D. Business Failure Prediction model: a case study of technology industry in Thailand.
Google Citation Impact