Post Graduate Diploma in Business Economics (PGDip (BEc))
To be eligible for admission to the PGDip (BEc) programme, an applicant should hold any of the following qualifications and a sound knowledge of English.
- Bachelor’s degree with or without a class in the fields of Business Economics/ Economics/ Business Administration/ Commerce/ Human Resource Management/ Marketing/ Accounting/ Financial Management/ Entrepreneurship/ Estate Management and Valuation/ Operations and Technology Management/ Public Administration / Business Information Systems/ Statistics/ Science/ Mathematics from a recognized University.
- General Bachelor’s degree in any field with a second class lower and above from a recognized University.
- General Bachelor’s degree in any field with general pass from a recognized University and minimum one year of post-qualifying experience.
- One of the following professional qualifications with at least one-year post-qualifying experience.
a. Institute of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka (ICASL) – Passed Finalist
b. Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) – Passed Finalist
c. Association of Chartered and Certified Accountants (ACCA) – Affiliate
d. Certified Management Accountants (CMA) of Sri Lanka- Passed Finalist
e. Chartered Institute of Bankers Sri Lanka (IBSL)-Diploma
f. Other professional qualifications equivalent to the above may be considered subject to the approval of the Senate.
5. Applicants with the NVQ qualifications should have completed NVQ Level 07
Selection is done by the Admission Board, on the basis of information provided by the applicant, including certified copies of Diploma/Degree certificates.
The selection procedure governed by the admission board consists of the following steps:
- All applications received are screened to ensure that they meet the admission requirements.
- A formal interview will be conducted for those who meet the basic requirements. The interview will be conducted to assess the verbal competence in English, the candidate’s motivation for higher studies and the commitment to pursue the programme to its completion.
- Final selection will be done by considering the marks obtained at interview