The Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce (FMSC) organized a residential workshop for the members of the Curriculum Review and Development Committee (CRDC) at Citrus Hotel in Waskaduwa from 4th to 5th July 2019 under the AHED project grant. The members of the CRDC are the Chairman (Dr. Wasantha Perera), Dean of FMSC (Dr. U. Anura Kumara), all heads and representatives of the departments, former chairmen of the CRDC and special invitees.
The main objective of this residential workshop was to give an awareness to the CRDC members on the Outcome Based Education (OBE) Model in order to revise the existing curriculum of the FMSC according to the OBE Model in line with the requirements of the Sri Lankan Qualification Framework (SLQF), respective Subject Benchmarks Statements (SBS) and other requirements. In order to reach this objective, the following themes were mainly discussed at the workshop as the major activities of the workshop agenda.
- Main Characteristics of the Sri Lankan Qualification Framework (SLQF) by Prof. Wipula Yapa, Faculty of Science, University of Colombo.
- Development of Curriculum on Outcome Based Education (OBE) Framework by Prof. Prasad Sethunga, Faculty of Arts, University of Peradeniya.
- Constructive Alignment with the Teaching Learning Activities (TLAs) and Assessment Tasks (ATs) in the context of OBE by Prof. Prasad Sethunga, Faculty of Arts, University of Peradeniya.
- Attributes, Graduate Profiles, Subject Benchmark Statements (SBS) and Learning Outcomes (LOs) by Prof. Kalyani Perera, University of Peradeniya.
- â€śPlanned Curriculumâ€ť to â€śTaught Curriculumâ€ť through Student-Centered Outcome-Based Course/Lesson Planning by Prof. Udith K. Jayasinghe, Faculty of Agriculture and Plantation Management, Wayamba University of Sri Lanka.
This residential workshop came to an end by achieving the expected outcomes successfully and the next workshop for CRDC members is planned to organize in August 2019.