- Memorandum of Understanding between Cargills (Ceylon) PLC and the Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce for the development of co-operation between the two Parties
- Memorandum of Understanding between the Institute of Certified Management Accountants (CMA) of Sri Lanka and the Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce of the University of Sri Jayewardenepura for the development of both organizations/institutions.
- Memorandum of Understanding between Dialog Axiata PLC and The University of Sri Jayewardenepura for the development of both Parties and the telecommunication & ICT sector.
- Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between RMIT University and the Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce on obtaining Doctorate Degree.
- Memorandum of Understanding between Hirdaramani Knit Cluster and the Department of Commerce, FMSC on the establishment of sharing expertise knowledge.
- Memorandum of Understanding between Nestle and the Department of Commerce, FMSC
- Memorandum of Understanding between DHL Global Forwarding Lanka (PVT) Ltd and Department of Commerce of the Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce of the University of Sri Jayewardenepura on sharing the knowledge between the parties.
- MoU between Acuity Knowledge Partners and University of Sri Jayewardenepura on enhancement and enrichment of the knowledge in regard to the field of finance.
- Chartered Financial Analysts (CFA) Sri Lanka division
- Securities and Exchange Commission of Sri Lanka (SEC)
- Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (CISI)
- Acuity Knowledge Partners
Both FMSC and the following organizations pledge themselves to co-operate in a spirit of mutual understanding and to develop a close relationship of goodwill and friendship. The development of co-operation between the two parties is aimed at the development of both organizations/institutions in particular and facilities management in general, through the collaboration of the academia and the industry specialists.
- KNK Building Solutions (PVT) LTD, 39/4D, D.S. Senanayake Mw, Colombo 08.
- Cybergate Services Private Limited, 59/A, Sri Soratha Mawatha, Gangodawila, Nugegoda.
- K & D Management Services (Pvt) Ltd, No 740, Thorana Junction , Kandy Road, Wedamulla, Kelaniya.
- Sri Lanka Institute of Textile and Apparel (SLITA), No,02, General Sir John Kotelawala Road, Ramalana.
- Brandix Lanka Limited, No. 409, 3 rd Floor, Galle Road, Colombo 03
In furtherance of this objective, FMSC and aforementioned organizations agree to carry out the programme given below.
- conduct interviews from time to time at the USJ to recruit undergraduates from the Department of Decision Sciences, FMSC as intern/trainees
- Managers from the organization may be invited to conduct guest lectures at the USJ on a topic of relevance.
- The organization may invite lectures and academia from FMSC to conduct training programmes if and when there is a requirement. Professional fees if applicable will mutually agree prior to the engagement.
- If business related problem arise, The organizations may at their discretion consult the Faculty Board of the FMSC in order to find relevant solutions to the problems and FMSC shall assist them in such matter by inter alia, by arriving at solutions to the matters so referred.
- To provide feedback on the course content of the degree programme with regards to required skills and knowledge for the corporate sector.
- Facilitate factory visits for the students of FMSC at pre-agreed time.
- Work closely with FMS in various organized by the students Association of the FMSC at its discretion depending on the availability of resources and the focus of its Corporate Social Responsibility [CSR] initiative.
Explore the possibility of providing financial support for various activities conducted by FMSC to improve the skills and attitudes of the undergraduates of FMSC at its discretion.
Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) was signed between, ICT Industry Skills Council and the University of Sri Jayewardenepura.
This is the formalization of a long-lasting relationship between the ICT Industry Skills Council and the university, which will result in a number of interdisciplinary projects over the next coming years. This will unveil opportunities to the Marketing Management undergraduates of USJP in grabbing exclusive internship programs provided by the institution along with a series of ICT development programs for the undergrads which will be conducted by the ICT Industry Skills Council, Sri Lanka. The agreement is in the making with the intent to strengthen the links between the worlds of academia and industry; transferring knowledge and skills across parties; and also to empower the fresh blood in their career development.
MoU with Lovely Professional University (LPU), India.
This MoU is in effect since 22nd April, 2015 for five years. The purpose of this MOU is to provide a basic framework for an arrangement between LPU and DoE to carry out various activities in collaboration such as;
- Students exchange
- Academic and administrative personnel exchange
- Developing research proposals and/or work jointly to seek extra-mural funding.
- Developing of twinning/joint programs allowing students to undertake part of the programme/course of study at each institution.
- Conduct of joint symposium, seminar/conferences, and workshops.
- Exchange of academic information, materials and facilities.
- Promoting academic, cultural, sports, co-curricular and other activities of common interest.
- Promoting short duration Study India Programs (SIP).
- Promoting such other activities/programs as mutually agreed from time to time.
One study visit to India with undergraduate students was organized in August 2015 as a result of this MoU.
MoU with Zhejiang Shuren University, China.
This MoU is in effect from April 2016 for five years between two universities aiming at students and staff transferring, research collaboration, visiting of both staff and students between two countries, exchanging of academic material and participating in special academic activities of both universities for mutual benefits. DoE organized few short term study visits to China for master and undergraduate students as a result of this MoU. Further to that a Dr. Huang Quibo ; Vice Dean of Institute of Modern Service rendered his service as a visiting academic in the DoE for three months from 28th July 2016.
MoU with Industrial Services Bureau, Kurunegalla.
This MoU has been in effect from 19th February 2015 to establish long term relationship, with the aim of building up a strategic alliance between the two parties. This expects to share management expertise, knowledge, experience and strengths of both organizations, in order to provide comprehensive service package for the benefit of Small and Medium Entrepreneurs at Wayamba, and in return, it would expect mutual benefits of both organizations. It specific objectives are;
- To expand the service portfolio of both organizations.
- To coordinate, and conduct educational program on entrepreneurship development for the benefit of business community in Wayamba.
- To use the strengths of both organizations to cater the business community in Wayamba especially on Management Development aspects.
- To make use of full potential of both organizations for joint consultancies and assignments in local and national level.
- To promote the activities of two organizations among the stakeholders of each other.
MoU with National Enterprises Development Authority and Career Guidance Unit of USJ
This MoU is in effect from 20th September 2016 to conduct the ‘Wyawasayaka Udanaya’ the entrepreneurial skill development programme for undergraduates of USJ. It expects sharing knowledge, expertise, experiences and strengths of all the parties to provide a comprehensive service package for the undergraduates and thereby the society at large.
MoU with Industrial Development Board
This MoU has been signed in order to facilitate and strengthen the collaborations for establishing and developing an entrepreneurial culture in Sri Lanka. Accordingly, developing of strong institutional, business, trade relations, facilitating implementing of innovative ideas sought by the university side with the IDB’s technological expertise, organizing industrial and academic visits, offering courses and training of each institutions for a concessionary price for the other party etc. are the areas of interest of the MoU.