Monash Study Tour to Sri Lanka – 2018
The University of Sri Jayewardenepura will be hosting a delegation of 40 persons, comprising of 5 academics and 35 postgraduate and undergraduate students from the Monash Business School in Australia from 4-17 February 2018. This is the two-week study tour which offers a course unit (Engaging International Business) as a part of the Monash Business School degree programs by the Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce, University of Sri Jayewardenepura. This study program has been designed by the Monash Business School in collaboration with the Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce, University of Sri Jayewardenepura.
The aim of this tour is to study about Sri Lankan economy, political landscape, history, culture, and current business environment and also it offers Monash Business School students the chance to experience and learn about the dynamics, opportunities and challenges of doing business in Sri Lanka and understanding its role in the context of South Asia. Further it builds on a substantial, longstanding engagement between Sri Lanka and Australia and, in particular, the established linkages between universities, industry and government in both countries.
The main events of this study tour are outlined below.
- Welcome and Induction Sessions: 5th February 2018
- Lecture Sessions and Industry Visits: From 5th– 6th February 2018
- Industry Visits to Kandy and Nuwara Eliya: From 7th -10th February 2018
- Lecture Sessions and Industry Visits: 12th – 13th February 2018
- Student Presentations and Special Cultural Show: 14th February 2018
- Day Trip to Gall: 15th February 2018
- Farewell Ceremony: 16th February 2018